COVID Response: All in-person and/or online programming will adapt with the most current health guidelines.
Lecture: Ties that Bind, Preserving Parent/Child Relationships
Time & Location
About The Event
The parent-child relationship is the foundation of civil society. Increasingly, however, government is attempting to exert control over basic child rearing decisions traditionally made by parents. Join the Texas Public Policy Foundation and the Austin Institute for the Study of Family and Culture, at 11:30AM on Wednesday, Sept. 1st, for this moderated discussion as we explore the rights and responsibilities of parents and the limits of both parental and governmental authority over children. Complimentary lunch will be provided to in-person attendees.
- Andrew Brown, J.D. (Moderator) – Distinguished Senior Fellow of Child and Family Policy, Texas Public Policy Foundation
- Joseph Price, Ph.D. (Guest) – Professor. Department of Economics, Brigham Young University
There are two RSVP options for this event: 1) TPPF Theater (in-person) or 2) Livestream (online). When you RSVP, you will receive more information on how to attend in-person or tune in online, plus a reminder before our event and access to the video if you’re unable to watch in real time or want to share it with friends and neighbors.
The livestream can be viewed Wednesday, September 1st at 11:30AM CT via the following links. Watch via YouTube to submit your questions during the live Q&A.
PARKING INFORMATION: Please see the parking options below and click here for a parking map:
1) Metered parking – pay per minute/hour Congress Avenue – 9th Street, and surrounding streets
2) Peak Parking LLC – $6.00 for first 30 minutes then $3.00 for each additional 30 minutes – 176 E 9th St, Austin, TX 78701
3) Capitol Tower – $9.00 per hour – 206 E 9th Street, Austin, TX 78701
*Please note this is a co-sponsored event and your RSVP information may be shared with our partner organization. When you RSVP, you will receive more event information and a reminder before the event.